Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
The Diocesan Annual Appeal
The 2013 Diocesan Annual Appeal raised slightly more than the $5,500,000 goal. We reached our parish goal of $25,000 and received a small rebate of $438.75. While the diocesan goal remains the same, our parish goal has been raised from $25,000 to $28,000. The assessed goal is based on three things: total parish collections, the number of parishioners, and how well we did in the last three Appeals. Our best year for the Appeal was 2012 when we topped our goal of $24,000 and received a rebate in excess of $2,000. If a parish reaches the goal, it receives 75% of the overage. The allocation of funds raised from the Appeal this year is:
- Catholic Social Services and Parish Outreach – 12%
- Catholic Education in Schools and Parishes – 17%
- Clergy Formation, Education and Support – 24%
- Parish Life and Ministry Formation – 22%
- Catholic Media and Communication – 17%
- Diocesan Annual Appeal Expenses – 8%
We thank all who contributed to the Appeal in the past and hope you will again. We also hope that we pick up needed new donors. We are around the diocesan average with about one-third of or parishioners donating.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members. You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Good Shepherd Church Family Game Night – Saturday, September 27
Big Money Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Good Shepherd Lottery - 2014
Tickets are on sale before and after weekend Masses in the Holy Family Room or by calling the Parish Office at (570) 788-3141
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, August 31 to Sunday, September 7
- Sunday, August 31: Rosary of the Unborn
- Monday, September 1: Labor Day - Morning Mass at 9:00 AM
- Tuesday, September 2: Bingo
- Tuesday, September 2: Queen of Heaven Parish - Grief Sharing Support Group Meeting (x6 weeks)
- Thursday, September 4: American Cancer Society Support Group Meeting
- Thursday, September 4: Families Helping Families
- Friday, September 5: First Friday Devotions
- Sunday, September 7: Breakfast
- Sunday, September 7: Women of Good Shepherd BACK TO SCHOOL Sub Sale ends
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
Faith Formation – Registration Form for 2014-2015 & Handbook for 2014-2015
The Registration Form and Handbook are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Ministry Schedules – New schedules available
Ministry Schedules for July through September are available on the “Downloads” page of our website for Extraordinary Ministers, Altar Servers, Lectors, and Greeters.
- *NEW* – The revised Lector Schedule is now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
- *NEW* – A new Cantor/Accompanist Schedule (through October 5) is now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
From Our Music Ministry: Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections ( August 17, 2014 to October 5, 2014.)
Hymn selections and Responsorial Psalm selections are available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: email@example.com.