Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
As the Steel Magnolias Disappear and Falter
This past year, quite a few of the women who have been the backbones of Good Shepherd have passed on, become homebound, gone to nursing or personal care homes, or moved to be closer to their families in their later years. We have lost Communion Ministers, Bingo and breakfast workers, greeters, RCIA volunteers and good all-around workers and financial supporters of our parish. We need people to step up to help in many areas: daily Mass Communion Ministers, RCIA team members, breakfast and Bingo workers, greeters, Faith Formation teachers and aides, Appeal representatives, etc. Whether we like it or not, we are definitely experiencing a changing of the guard. We need parishioners in the 25 -55 age bracket to fill the positions above. You can call the office or tell me or the persons in charge of the different ministries or activities:
- Communion Ministers – Dave Kostanesky
- Breakfast – Marilyn Tedesco
- Bingo – Carol Eskin
- Greeters – Debbie Donahue
- Appeal representatives – Fr. McHugh
- Faith Formation – Judy Whitaker
- RCIA – Dr. Barry Kraynack
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Faith Formation Handbook and Registration Form for 2016-2017
The Faith Formation Handbook and Registration Form for 2016-2017 are now available on the "Downloads" page of our website.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, September 25 to Sunday, October 2
- Sunday, September 25: K of C selling Chance of a Lifetime Raffle Tickets
- Monday, September 26: Eucharistic Minister Training at Queen of Heaven Parish, Hazleton
- Tuesday, September 27: Bingo
- Thursday, September 29: Morning Scripture Session
- Saturday, October 1: Blessing of Animals
- Saturday, October 1: Winter Coat Collection (begins)
- Saturday, October 1: Rosary Recitation
- Sunday, October 2: Order of Malta Presentation on Father Walter Ciszek at Scranton Prep, Scranton
- Sunday, October 2: Breakfast
- Sunday, October 2: MMI Annual Harvest Bingo at MMI Gymnasium, Freeland
- Sunday, October 2: Respect Life Sunday Celebration at St. Peter’s Cathedral, Scranton
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – July 30 to October 23, 2016
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – October, November, and December 2016 (New)
- Altar Server Schedule – October, November, and December 2016 (New)
- Greeter Schedule – October, November, and December 2016 (New)
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – July 3 to October 30, 2016
From Our Music Ministry
- We have introduced a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors begin reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections from August 28, 2016 (22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time) to October 23, 2016 (30th Sunday in Ordinary Time) are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.