Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Long before my appointment as pastor of Good Shepherd, I always hoped, in parishes that celebrated First Communion on Sundays, that Communion Day would fall on Good Shepherd Sunday. I feel the image of the Good Shepherd is especially appropriate for young children. I can recall previous parishes celebrating Good Shepherd Sunday in a manner similar to how Jean Klinger’s first grade class is doing so today at the 10:00 AM Mass. I think that Good Shepherd Sunday also appeals to adults. We can recall how God has extended mercy to us throughout our entire lives. If we feel we have lost our way spiritually, Jesus, the Good Shepherd, invites us to turn to Him.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Women of Good Shepherd Church – Scholarship
The Application for the Women of Good Shepherd Church Scholarship – 2016 – is now available on the “Downloads” page of our website. Only completed applications will be accepted. The deadline is May 13th. The scholarship will be presented at the 10:00 AM Mass on June 5th honoring our high school seniors.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, April 17 to Sunday, April 24
- Sunday, April 17: Deadline for submitting Sight and Sound Theater Bus Trip registration
- Sunday, April 17: Children's Mass - 10:00 AM
- Tuesday, April 19: Bingo
- Saturday, April 23: Men’s Conference at King’s College, Wilkes Barre
- Saturday, April 23: Second Collection for Catholic Home Missions
- Sunday, April 24: Second Collection for Catholic Home Missions
- Sunday, April 24: Purse Bingo at Holy Family Academy, Hazleton
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – April 2 to July 24, 2016
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – April, May, and June 2016
- Altar Server Schedule – April, May, and June 2016
- Greeter Schedule –April, May, and June 2016
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – November 28, 2015 to June 26, 2016
From Our Music Ministry
- Beginning on September 20th, we will introduce a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. Initially, we will begin by learning the Gloria and gradually add the other selections. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors being reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections for March 26, 2016 (Holy Saturday) to May 8, 2016 (7th Sunday of Easter), are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.